The Care Ministry Coordinator Training, piloted by the Diocese in 2004, is a basic course that provides parish coordinators with training and leadership skills to coordinate, supervise, and maintain a volunteer lay ministry leadership team in the parish. Individuals who complete this program will be able to enter the parish community prepared to train others to listen, understand, support, and pray with persons in need of support during the times of transition in their lives.
Training goals include:
- Train parish volunteer leadership in pastoral care skills
- Provide quality training and continuing education in pastoral care
- Bear witness to God’s love for all
- Respond to the spiritual and emotional needs of the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others facing a crisis or life challenge
- Minister in partnership between lay and ordained people
- Network with individuals, congregations, health care, and other faith-based organizations whose mission and values are compatible with Care Ministry
Contact Mary Armbrust, Pastoral Care and Ministry Coordinator, at (920) 272-8300 for more information.